We carry out no win, no fee historical rates audits for our clients. As many as 1 in 3 businesses will have historical rates overpayments.
Contact us now to carry out a no obligation rates audit to see if you are due a rebate.
Call us on 020 7993 8075 or complete the form below and one of our surveyors will contact you shortly.
Historic rates audit service
Can your business benefit from a historical rates audit?
Historical rates auditing involves a detailed analysis of rate liabilities over multiple Rating Revaluation periods. Our combined auditing and surveying expertise focuses on the identification of historic rate account anomalies which can lead to the recovery of overpaid rates payments from billing authorities.
What do we require from you?
All you have to do is sign our one-page agreement and Letter of Authority and we will carry out the following on your behalf:
• Utilising audit software alongside our experience and knowledge of current legislation we complete a comparison between rates payable and rates demands on any rate liabilities dating back to 1995
• An analysis of discrepancies in payment and billing errors is used to identify previously unnoticed overpayments and potential savings
• We liaise with the billing authority to submit and agree your case, securing you a refund for the amount overpaid
• We ensure the money is paid directly from the council into your chosen bank account
• We will not invoice you until the refund is confirmed and has reached your account
• If we do not achieve a refund, there is nothing to pay us; there are no hidden fees
As all our work is conducted electronically and over the phone, you will not be required to give up any of your time for on-site visits. Our specialist team will carry out the entire process of achieving and securing a refund on your behalf.
How long will it take?
The process generally takes 2-3 weeks from receiving the instruction to the money arriving in your account. However, as this is entirely dependent upon the council’s processing time it may take up to 30 days in some areas.
Call us on 020 7993 8075 to find out more about our business rates auditing service.